I lost my ID last week at Busby's for Shelly's birthday. I called them and no one had turned it in.
Ugh, and I'm pretty sure everyone has lost something of that matter once in their life--credit card, ID, cell phone.. It's so ridiculously inconvenient and annoying and all you wish for is for someone to turn it in. But then you think to yourself "who's gonna turn it in?"
Because then you think of all the bad things you will do
--use a credit card that you found to buy 100000 popcorns for all your friends at the movie theatre cause you know they dont check ID (hmm sound familiar?)
--use the ID and give it to someone that looks like them
--keep the cell phone for yourself
Then you think: Shit, no one's gonna turn it in.
So when I went back to SD I applied for a new one. And went through all this inconvenience of having a temporary one for a week. (which wasn't so bad.. but you know what i mean.)
I came home tonight hoping to find my new fresh ID in the mail.. only to find a tore up envelope (it really looked like it went through Hurricane Katrina) with my address written on it with a black marker & I open it and find this:

There are good people in the world. Good to know there are some left in LA.
Maybe God's way of reminding me that simple things like this do really make people's day. Because it sure made mine!
I'm not sure if this is my good karma, or his..
But, whoever you are.. Thank you SO much, Jo!
It never killed anyone to be nice. (=
But it makes a difference
1 comment:
(: what a pleasant surprise
Post a Comment