Being that 22 is just around the corner I've done a little reflection on how much I've grown up, or 'grown up'... or.. lack thereof...w.e.
About almost 4 years ago I went out every weekend, Thursday-Sunday. Clubs..clubs..clubs..clubs, house parties, drinking and drinking and alcohol and cigarettes and sneaking in at 5am or not coming home at all. But it took a while to get used to this undoing of the party girl image that I've managed to maintain for the past couple years, I'm glad to say that I find most of my Saturday nights staying at home.
And for a change, my Sunday mornings are at church.... not hung over.
It's a refreshing feeling.
It's a change I'm trying to make for school, money, myself, and my parents.
I don't even know how I did it, going out that much.
Even though I run home to LA from SD every weekend, I do it really just to be HOME.
Not that I stay in every weekend now.. Don't get me wrong, I'm 21! --and shit, that is young. I still have nights with my friends that I probably won't remember, mornings that I'll stay in bed because of being hungover. And oh, those Vegas trips.. This is my time to be young and not give a shit, really. But I want to take care of school now, not later. I'm still learning how to draw the line and say no. Still working on it.... definitely still working on it. But its hard when your friends have the money and/or the time. But its even harder when they don't understand the change that I'm trying to forgo.
but this sacrifice will pay off in the end.
But I've come to realize that the change is something that isn't for everyone. Because people will get away with going out every weekend and manage to pull passing grades out of their asses. Or work every day and party every night. Some people don't believe in sleep or sobriety. More power to you, but I hope it doesn't bite your ass in the end like it did mine.
Thanks to everyone that has been really understanding of this.
No comments:
Post a Comment