I'm not sure when I started to consider you my best friend, but it fell somewhere between high school and college and when we found each other at the comforts of always being together. I really remember when we first met, and you'd always be on the other line when I called _____. I was a freshman at school and you were a sophomore and your screename was xlilxpinay or some shit like that for real. And then I'm PRETTY sure we came up with the idea of putting couples names together if you can remember what we came up with. Celebrity couples should thank us.
I think it was I started to see that you were someone that I was going to be friends with for a long time when I turned 18. Because not only did you take me clubbing on a Thursday night when I still was in high school and take me to school the next day, or gave me my first cigarette. But you were also there for my first heartbreak, and you helped me get through it like any best friend would. I remember you told me a brutal truth that made me realize that people will do things to you even if they say another. Do you remember what I'm talking about?
Things were really crazy for us around the time I was a senior and starting college.. We went on double dates, we kept each others VERY ridiculous secrets, and I hope to believe I was there for you through one of your worst times. We did a lot for each other, and til this day--we still do.
I might as well call you my girlfriend. We've supported each other. Physically--you take care of me when i'm sick, put socks on my feet, and hold my hair up when I'm drunk. Spiritually--We keep each other balanced, and sometimes I believe our faith has to do a lot with how we act and why we're close. And Emotionally--not sure how many times we've cried to each other. And held hands through times where I'm pretty sure we've both hit rock bottom. And even financially--being each other's sugar mamas with our minimal paying jobs is rough, especially while we're both in school. I can't wait til we graduate.
Speaking of which-- I'm so, so, so proud of you. Keep studying, and don't let these distractions get to you. Before you know it, we'll all be working. God's tests will come in the way and you're going to get through everything. Before you know it, you'll be spoiling the shit out of your children, including mine.
I miss you every day that I'm not home. Not having you 10 minutes away has been the one of the worst things about being out here for school. But thankyou for helping me through nursing school. And I believe that best friends bring the best out in each other, and its really what you do for me. You call me out when I need to be called out, and you remind me about the good things in life I need to appreciate, and you help me become a better person.
I love you, I'm proud of you, and I am so thankful for you in my life.
- April

No comments:
Post a Comment