Usually, every year I give up something small and easy so I can get through the whole 40 days and feel good about myself because woohoo I gave up soda.
Buttttttt.. I'm challenging myself & my friends to give up something AND take something up in honor of this year's Lenten season. (credit to Flo's Kuya Kris.) But I think its also important to remember what its about.. its about fasting on not only food, but the unhealthy habits that you do every day. And giving up life's little luxuries, and living through simplicity as much as we can.
I'm going to post up my Lenten promises so you can hold it against me or keep me on check if you ever see me do otherwise. Feel free to comment yours too so I can do the same for you.
Starting tomorrow:
- Giving up meat, not just on Fridays.
- Minimize gossiping. (the bad kind of gossiping.. knowing me, I will make up a loophole just to get out of this one.. whatever, its worth the try, right? )
- No smoking. (I keep on keep this a permanent one.. but lets shoot for 40 days for now)
- No drugs: in particular x & mj.
- Be more honest (to myself & others).
- Moderate myself with things that are not necessary (fast food, alcohol, shopping, $ spending, going out, etc.)
Sounds good...Lent ends right on time, the day before my birthday.
I wonder what I'll do to celebrate =P
(and go figure, 420 is a week after)
No comments:
Post a Comment